Sep 5, 2012

The leather mania for fall 2012

Hi everyone! I made some digging cuz I need some new inspiration and I realized that most of  the designers used leather for their new collection. Leather its a nice and expensive looking material but its almost the  hardest to work with.

For fall season choosing leather for your garment its a good decision cuz it wont soak and it will keep you warm if the interior is made well. Choosing the correct leather its a big challenge for a designer. If you try to make your garment with artificial leather which might look fine but not healthy. Artificial leather doesn't let the body breath so if you are wearing a jacket made of this material your body is going to sweat really ugly. That's why mixing textile material with leather is more accurate and healthier. 

Fashion design should be about reveling the body make it more beautiful and not malformed.

These designs are ugly (my opinion) and I will explain why.  The red dots are showing incorrect design or bad execution. For example this jacket it looks really ugly without femininity. If you put a belt on a jacket it doesn't mean that it looks good.



Using big tailored sleeves its really against femininity.  If you want to bring some masculine forms you shouldn't do this way.
 



 With this particular design the problem is the tailoring. It looks like it was made in 10 minutes. I now that the white and gold is the season favorite but that doesn't mean it looks good in each form or textile. The upper part is made well and looks good but not in this composition.

 And now some goodies :D :

If you want some muscular forms for your designs there it is. It's executed correctly! 



This is really gorgeous and feminine.


This is a good example for mixing leather with other materials in a correct way.


I love this jacket! Its so feminine powerful and expensive looking! I imagine an independent woman in it :D !

 I hope you enjoyed it and tell me your opinion cuz I'm curious :D !



No comments: