Jul 23, 2013

The Teleki Castle open day

Hello my readers! In this weekend I was at the Teleki Castle open day and I felt really good. The view was breath taking. Being there I just remembered the ball... and the show which was last month. That night opened my eye in a different way. This Castle fits in Baroque, it has nice inspirational points which gave me the idea to write about the details what you can find in the castle.

When we arrived with my lovely photographer Fulop Barni, we had a worming welcoming.



As a start I would like to make a little introduction about the Castle:

"The village of Gernyeszeg (Gornesti) is situated in the valley of the River Maros between Marosvásárhely (Targu-Mures) and Régen (Reghin). The history of the village dates back 700 years and is closely connected to the life of its Landlords."
" The building in baroque style resembles to some extent other castles around Budapest like at Gödöllö, Pecel and Nagytétény. It is the so called Grassalkowich style, its main features being the „U” form, a large dome in the middle and a festivity hall beneath. 


The walls and the ceiling of the festivity hall have been painted since the beginning of the XIX. century. Above the entrance door and the door leading to the loggia one can see the painted weapons of the family. But the three chandeliers of Murano glass are the most impressive remains of the former wealth.


The park got its actual form at the begining of the XIX century.Valuable and rare trees were planted, like the gingo-biloba(right from the main entrance), lime, willow , oak-trees and cypresses."

"There are grotesque sculptures around the lake representing some famous figures of the French revolution, like Mirabeau, Les dames des halles (market women) and Louis XVI.

There are some other sculptures in the park representing ancient gods and goddesses."


If you want to read more about the history of the family or the castle visit here.

The backyard of the castle.

The ball room is spectacular, it has the old vibe with the family crests on the ceiling. The castle is in bad shape because it was transformed into a nursing home for children until 2011, after that the state gave back the castle to the Teleki family but everything was destroyed and thrown away. The wall in the other rooms was painted ugly, transformed and destroyed the old shape...


the sealing form the ball room

Gorgeous lamps, I think is beautiful.




The other nice element which "wowed" me was the door. I think it reflects the baroque and it's inspirational. I can imagine a garment based on this door :D.



 Last but not least :D the Park !!!!...It looks like in a fairy tale, I have no words when it comes about this part of the castle.



I think this castle is really inspirational in any kind of way...You can do photo shoots or just take a walk...

The Teleki Casle needs donation. The castle is in a bad shape so if you want to get involved in the restoration please contact here. The open day idea was " to get known the castle" and I think it worked, I felt good about it and I was inspired.

The Castle is open for any photo shoot or visitors any time! Thank you for reading and I hope you got inspired!

No comments: